We had a wonderful week in Second Grade and hope that you did too! Here are a few of our Learning Targets (LT) from the week and a little about what we did.
LT: I can reflect on my learning.
- Students read the story of the Magic Bow that taught them about making a goal and aiming for it. We related it back to learning targets and colored our own personal ones that they’ll use to reflect on their learning throughout the day.
- Students reflected on how to be AWESOME crewmembers! Their ideas really impressed me.
*Ask your student how they can demonstrate CREW traits outside of school… at home or in the community!
LT: I can make meaning from a text.
LT: I can make connections in a text.
- In small groups students read a difficult text and worked together to figure out what it was about. Then, as a group made a poster to teach the rest of the crew what their section was about.
- Then, students did a gallery walk and studied each poster to figure out how all of the texts were related. They did a great job!
*Ask your student what they learned about downtown this week.
LT: I can determine whether one number is greater or less than another number.
- Students spent a lot of time practicing determining the value of numbers and comparing those numbers.
- They also worked on using place value and knowing 100 more, 100 less, 10 more, 10 less, etc.
*Quiz your student on comparing numbers.
LT: I can write using my best handwriting.
LT I can show engagement during ELA time.
- Student practiced the letters: Ss, Vv, and Gg this week.
- Students are doing during small group time! We are reading some books that they are very excited about!
*Ask your student to show you their letters in their BEST handwriting (encourage them to start their letters from the top if they aren’t doing so already).
*Have your student share a little about the books they are reading in class!