Paraprofessional Position (Moscow, ID)
Palouse Prairie Charter School is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to serve as a full-time from September-December during the school year 2020-2021. The Paraprofessional will support the students and teachers in providing reading, written language and math instruction during the school day. The support would also include supporting students onsite in their remote learning. In addition, other school duties may be assigned, as needed. One position is specific to supporting the kindergarten classroom with the potential of a long-term subbing position in the spring. This position is for the entire 2020-2021 school year.
● Experience working with students in grades K-8.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and in written methods effectively and clearly.
- Computer skills necessary for managing google drives, producing google docs and spreadsheets and running basic online programs with macbooks or chromebooks. Sufficient computer knowledge to help students learn how to confidently use chromebooks in class to complete assigned classroom work.
Physical abilities: Ability to actively observe student behavior and monitor until professional help is available. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Enough stamina to assist in classroom teaching and maintenance assistance.
Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and have completed two years of study (a minimum of 32 credits) at an institution of higher education or have obtained an associate’s degree or higher, or have evidence of passing the ParaPro Praxis test.
Preferred: Elementary Education college degree.
Knowledge of basic reading, writing and math instructional strategies. Evidence of basic knowledge concerning learning styles and basic characteristics of special education students.
● $14.48-$15.20 per hour, DOE
● Employee benefits include; medical, dental, and optional vision insurance coverage as well as payment into the state employees’ retirement plan (PERSI).
Email resume and cover letter to Jeneille Branen: email@example.com
PALOUSE PRAIRIE IS SEEKING SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
1. Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Have successfully completed an Idaho State Department of Education background check & fingerprinting, at employee’s expense (PPCS will provide State Department of Education fingerprinting forms)
3. Prior experience in schools is preferred
4. Preference is given to substitute teachers who have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree
Experience in an educational setting and/or training in an educational program
General Duties & Responsibilities.
1. Assume the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent
2. Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and other regular activities.
3. Consult with the director before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plan
Compensation. $95 per day with current teaching certificate/$80 bachelor’s degree (prorated for partial days)
Availability. As Needed
Substitute Application Packet
None at this time