Teaching Assistant – AmeriCorps Position
Palouse Prairie Charter School — Moscow, ID
Palouse Prairie Charter School is seeking passionate and dedicated individuals to serve as full-time Teaching Assistant for the 2018-19 school year. The Teaching Assistant will provide math and literacy interventions to students in grades K-8 classrooms and support teachers as needed. In addition, the TA may also support students during day-long Adventure Fridays.
We are looking for individuals with positive attitudes who have a desire to serve their community through education and are willing and enthusiastic to commit to 12 months of service. Members will serve full-time beginning September 2018 and concluding August 2019.
As part of the AmeriCorps program, members are part of a national network of service-minded individuals who dedicate a year of their professional lives to responding to community needs, like early childhood education and literacy.
- Strong interest in education, specifically helping young children practice reading/math skills
- Experience working with children
- Dedication to community service
- Computer skills, including the ability to navigate and use online database systems
- Responsible, organized, flexible, highly motivated, professional
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make a commitment to complete 12 months of service (September 2018– August 2019) or until hours (1720) are completed
- High school diploma or GED and must be at least 18-years-old
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien
- Preferred: College coursework, college degree, or equivalent work experience
- Attend all required training
- Submit an online timesheet to report service hours each week
- Report student data in online databases each week
- Complete 1700 + 20 hours
- $13,732 living stipend
- $5,920 educational award after service is complete to pay for student loans (members 55+ can pass along the educational award to their child, grandchild or foster child)
To apply, please submit application through: my.americorps.gov
In addition, please email a resume to Jeneille Branen if interested.
PALOUSE PRAIRIE IS SEEKING SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
1. Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
2. Have successfully completed an Idaho State Department of Education background check & fingerprinting, at employee’s expense (PPCS will provide State Department of Education fingerprinting forms)
3. Prior experience in schools is preferred
4. Preference is given to substitute teachers who have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree
Experience in an educational setting and/or training in an educational program
General Duties & Responsibilities.
1. Assume the responsibilities for instructing classes when a teacher is absent
2. Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and during lunch and other regular activities.
3. Consult with the director before initiating any teaching or other procedures not specified in the lesson plan
Compensation. $80 per day (prorated for partial days) Availability. As Needed
Substitute Application Packet