Hello families, I have been away from the classroom the last two days and have missed seeing your students! I’m hoping that they had a great couple of days. Below you will see some of the learning targets (LT) students have been working towards and some of the related tasks.
LT: I can appreciate others.
- This week we spent a while learning about appreciations and how they make others feel and ourselves.
- Monday: We wrote thank you notes to the people that attended SLCs.
- Tuesday: We appreciated each other.
- Wednesday: We appreciated the teachers and staff.
- Thursday: Students wrote notes to two local Veterans for Veterans Day on Monday.
*Consider finding some way to appreciate someone as a family!
LT: I can make meaning from a text.
I can stay engaged and show grit when reading a difficult text.
- Students read some very difficult texts meant for adults.
- Everyone showed a TON of grit getting through them.
- We are going to be making connections between a few different excerpts next week.
*Ask your student the different names Moscow has had!
I can create a precise mathematical model.
- We are working hard on developing a strong understanding of place value.
- Students are showing so much understanding of the place value chart, which is going to help so much going into addition and subtraction.
*Have your student model different numbers using a place value chart.