I can collaborate with my crew to develop a community agreement.
I can identify what makes a high quality spotlight.
- This week we developed a community agreement for the rest of the year.
- Students also worked to create a strong understanding of what makes a great spotlight!
- Consider making a family community agreement.
I can create a high quality final product.
- Students have been working really hard on their sketches, and some are nearly done.
- Students have also continued to work on their writing piece.
I can subtract within 200.
I can create a precise mathematical model.
- This week students worked hard on developing a stronger understanding of subtraction. We also introduced the 100s place in their equations.
- They were also introduced to the standard algorithm in relation to their models. This is a very tricky concept and I appreciate all of their engagement!
- Ask your student to model how to solve 126-48.
I can write a narrative, using details, about a given topic.
I can read and write cursive.
I can write using complete sentences.
- We learned a few more cursive letters this week! C, N, M, and R. I’ve been really impressed with the quality of the letters that students are producing.
- Students also completed a writing assessment, writing to me about the seasons. I really enjoyed reading each one!
- Ask your students to write some cursive words for you using the letters: C, N, M, R, A, T, E, I, P, H.
- No school on the following days:
- Monday, January 20
- Friday, January 25
- Monday, January 27
- Adventure: Friday, January 31. Nearly everyone has their climbing form signed and returned! Even if you climb regularly we still need a signed form returned to school! Thank you.
On Friday, January 31, Palouse Prairie is hosting a blood drive! Click the following link for more information.